Music Feed: When Basketball Players Become Rappers

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that basketball players wish to be rappers and rappers wish to be basketball players. The saying is somewhat true. We've seen several famous basketball stars attempt to break into rap with unsuccessful results. There is one exception though.

Allen Iverson
My mind has gone completely blank to be honest. I know Allen Iverson was attempting a rap career but whatever came of it, its anyone's guess. Good thing he stuck with basketball.

Shaquille O'Neal
Shaq defied the odds and became a successful rapper even if he didn't write his own rhymes. His debut album, "Shaq Diesel" went platinum. I remember being in elementary and in gym class, we would have free days. One of my classmates brought Shaq's album in and was able to play it while we worked out in gym.

Ron Artest
After winning the championship this year, Ron Artest announced that he would release a single. I forget the name of it now but I think some people need to keep their day job. Ron Artest is no exception.

Kobe Bryant
I remember when Kobe Bryant was supposed to release an album and was signed to Columbia Records. He even had a duet with Tyra Banks. I can't remember if it ever leaked out though or any of his songs for that matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards