Album Spotlight: Mase - Harlem World

Many years ago I used to own this album and whatever happened to it is anyone's guess. We all have had albums that we no longer have and we really don't know what happened to them. I think though I ended up giving a lot of album away over the years.

Anyway Mase hit the scene with his debut album, "Harlem World" in 1997. I'm sitting here trying to remember it and a few songs stick out in my head. One of the things I do remember is the introduction of The Mad Rapper who was Bad Boy producer Deric "D-Dot" Angelettie. He was pretty annoying to me. He also produced most of this album alongside Diddy and Jermaine Dupri.

The single "Feels So Good" and "What U Want" featuring Total were hits. There was the inclusion of DMX and The Lox on "24 Hours To Live". There is the gawd awful singing on "Jealous Guy"; the album's closing track. Lil' Kim appears on "Will They Die 4 U" which is one of the album's standouts.

If you have this album dust it off and give it a spin. See what memories you conjure up just listening to it or any older album in that case.

----------------
Now playing: Blackstreet - black street - Money cant buy me love
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour