Album Spotlight: Trey Songz - I Gotta Make It

Trey Songz debut album; "I Gotta Make It" opens up with some encouraging words from the Queen of Soul herself; Aretha Franklin. What a way to start off a debut album from a budding talent! The album's first single was the title track which told the story of making it big and maintaining your dignity and humbleness.

There is a bit of old school R&B undertones throughout and of course the sexual songs we'd all come to know and love from Trey.

I remember my friend coming over my house with this album and gushing over it. Anytime he gushes over anything; I'd have to check it out. We have a lot of the same musical taste and he would never steer me wrong musically.

Though it would take three albums for people to realize Trey's true potential this is where it all started. It is the perfect introduction to this R&B lothario. Some of my favorite songs include "Ur Behind", "The What Ifs", and "Cheat On You".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards