Robin Thicke, Snoop Dogg Its In The Morning Music Video!

Robin Thicke took a minute before he settled on an official second single or third; however you want to look at it. Robin's album; "Sex Therapy" is a really good album and if you haven't checked it out you should.



Music Biz:
Brian McKnight Leaves Radio Hosting Gig!

Brian McKnight’s three-year-old morning radio show in Los Angeles has come to an end. The R&B singer is scheduled to announce his departure from KTWV-FM “The Wave” during his 6-9 air shift this morning, reports the LA Times.

McKnight’s busy schedule, which forces him to prerecord some segments for KTWV, played a part in the station’s decision to let him go, according to the Times. The multi-platinum R&B star has also hosted his own TV show, a syndicated radio show, still performs live and is writing a book. Station managers now prefer a live and local host in the time slot.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time the last three years. I love the one-on-one with the fans,” McKnight told The Times, but “it seemed like a good time to get out.”

Friday will be McKnight’s last day. Taking over on Monday (May 17) will be Kim Amidon, who for 22 years co-hosted mornings at adult-contemporary station KOST-FM (103.5), until the station replaced her in November 2007. She’ll join co-host and producer Pat Prescott, who has been on mornings at KTWV, better known as “The Wave,” since 2001.

Although listeners might miss McKnight, Prescott said she’s certain they can understand his scheduling constraints.

“I really feel fortunate to have had these three years working with Brian,” she said. “This is the first radio show he ever did, and he took to it so naturally.”
Kelis Talks Lady GaGa & Rihanna Comparisons!
Rihanna and Lady Gaga have taken the fashion world by storm with their bold sense of style, but before them was Kelis. While the “Bossy” singer’s influence on today’s female pop stars remains a hot topic of conversation, Kelis is sounding off to Rap-Up.com about her impact on music’s leading ladies.

When asked whether she had heard the Internet chatter comparing her style to that of Rihanna and Lady Gaga’s, Kelis responded, “Yeah. I tried not to see, but it’s noticeable.”

Although it may ruffle her fans’ feathers, the “Acapella” songstress says she’s flattered by the comparisons and attributes the similarities to her peers’ ages. “They’re really young. What else are they supposed to do?”

Kelis explains that this is not the first time an artist has been accused of “swagger jacking.” Borrowing fashion and recycling trends has occurred many times before her. “I’ve been around for a long time and that’s what artists do; we take from each other and we recycle,” she states. “And quite frankly, it may not even be them. It might be stylists that have been around as long as I have and are like, ‘Hey, let’s recycle this on these younger artists.’”

But she shrugs off the controversy. “I’m not offended by it. I don’t really have much feeling about it, honestly. It just keeps me on my toes and allows me to continue moving forward, so it’s cool. I really don’t see it as a bad thing. I guess it means I’m on the right track.”

While she has no beef with her fellow fashionistas, you won’t find her listening to their music on her iPod. “I can’t say that I do. I’m familiar with it, like I know it. I don’t live in a hole. If I’m at a party and they play it, I enjoy it. I get it.”

Kelis’ new album Flesh Tone arrives in the U.K. on May 17 and July 6 in the U.S.
I don't think Lady GaGa so much borrows from Kelis but Rihanna was a pretty obvious follower with the short cut and some of her image.

----------------
Now playing: Nelly Furtado - Showtime
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards