Music Feed: I Am Not My Hair

Do you all know the song by India.Arie called; "I Am Not My Hair"? Well basically the song describes how so much is made of a woman's hair especially in the entertainment business. Not one to always conform to what the industry expects; India.Arie cut her trademark dreads off. She wasn't the only one. Some of India's musical peers followed suit and cut their hair.

My friend and I were having a conversation and I told him Chrisette Michele cut her hair and he couldn't believe it. He swears how he had just saw her but I told him she appeared on BET's "Sunday's Best" with a short hair cut; shorter than my very own. He thinks the singers who cut their hair off are crazy! What do you think?

More or less this is about the singers who cut their hair and when they did it was a really big deal.

Erykah Badu
Most of the time we were all accustomed to seeing Erykah Badu in headwraps. When she finally unveiled her bald head in her "Didn't Cha Know" video; we all were very surprised.

Solange
About a year after Solange released her "Sol-Angel & The Hadley Street Dreams" album; pictures surfaced of her with her hair cut off. While the cut looked very nice on her; many still were surprised as to why she cut her hair so short. I understand though that some people just want change.

Cassie
People nearly had a heart attack when they saw Cassie shave one side of her head. Honestly I thought Diddy coerced her to do that in order to get attention. It definitely worked because many singers and regular old people followed suit.

Rihanna
As part of her whole "Good Girl Gone Bad" phase(which Rihanna is still obviously going through); she cut her hair into an edgy bob reminiscent of Kelis'.

Kelis
If you remember the video for "Bossy"; Kelis actually cut her hair then and in the later clips; you see her rocking the short 'do.

Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson stunned everyone when she reportedly cut her hair. Personally I think this is how Janet's hair looked without the wigs. She did mention that she would be wearing her hair short in a new Tyler Perry movie.

----------------
Now playing: Ginuwine - There It Is
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards