Music Feed: 10 Songs About Flowers

  1. A Rose By Any Other Name; Teena Marie featuring Gerald Levert - Teena Marie made a big comeback with her "La Dona" album and "A Rose By Any Other Name" was the perfect song from Urban AC radio to eat up and that they did. I have always liked the song personally and this would be one of Gerald Levert's last collaborations before his death.
  2. Flower; Jody Watley - Many people may have never heard this song because it was from Jody Watley's unreleased album of the same name. The album would be Jody's Atlantic Records debut but for some reason the album never saw the light of day. However there was a video for the single; "Off The Hook". Thinking about Jody Watley's situation and how her album never came out; I'm a little nervous for Toni Braxton and her Atlantic Records debut; "Pulse".
  3. Flower; Jaguar Wright - Jaguar Wright is very underrated and many people may know her solely for her involvement in Jay-Z's tour(I can't even remember the name of it right now). Anyway "Flower" appeared on Jaguar's album; "Divorcing Neo 2 Marry Soul" and the song was a dedication to her child.
  4. A Rose Is Still A Rose; Aretha Franklin - Aretha Franklin scored a comeback of sorts with this song written by Lauryn Hill(who was hot at the time). The song was also the title track of Aretha's album in which this song came from. I couldn't help but like this song too. I found out was that my best friend at the time had secretly bought the single but didn't want to tell anyone.
  5. Black Roses; Trey Songz - There is nothing beautiful about black roses. Black roses are used to signify death and in this song Trey is singing about a dying love. This may be one of the most out of place songs on Trey's "Ready" album but it is actually one of my favorites. Strangely enough some of my favorite songs on albums are just that; album cuts.
  6. The Flowers; Amerie - There was something about this song that I couldn't get enough of at one point. I still like it of course but I really like the feeling conveyed here and I really feel Amerie here.
  7. A Dozen Roses; Monica - Some of the lyrics here are pretty laughable if you ask me. Still Monica gets her point across as her lover makes her feel like a dozen roses.
  8. Forever Like A Rose; Shanice - If you blinked you might of missed Shanice's return to the music world a few years ago and though this song wasn't a single(like a lot of other songs on this tally); it deals with flowers. The song is about her father I believe and her missing him. It is a very nice song and one of my favorites from her!
  9. Roses; Mary J. Blige - Mary J. Blige ain't gushing about no roses here. She is simply saying that everything ain't "Roses"; translation: everything is not perfect especially because she is a celebrity. I like this song and I like the attitude. Mary also does a little speaking here as well. She gets her point across pretty well.
  10. Roses; Outkast - Andre3000 was right when he said "Roses really smell like boo boo". Because they do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards