Album Spotlight: SWV - New Beginning

I remember when my friend bought SWV's "New Beginning" album which was released in 1996. At the time cassettes were still popular. I was on my way home from school and my friend at the time met up with me. He gushed to me about the album and I wish I had it. I knew as soon as I got some money I was going to get it myself. I don't even remember ever buying the album though. I think because my sister eventually got it so I felt no need. Since basically her albums were mine too or at least that's how I acted.

It had been four long years since SWV had released their debut album; "It's About Time". So SWV had a lot to prove with this new album and they did just that. The album was led by the first hit single; "Your The One". It was followed by The Neptunes produced; "Use Your Heart"(which is one of my favorites).

"New Beginning" didn't quite live up to the success of their debut "It's About Time" so in 1997 SWV released another album; "Release Some Tension" which featured a lot of rappers. I think the quick follow up was a bid to make up for lost time and keep the momentum going within the group.

Still "New Beginning" is a very fine album from SWV. It features a lot uptempo tracks and a lot of slow tracks. It's definitely a wide mix of different songs and would be greatly appreciated by anyone who particularly likes girl groups. Lead singer; Coko doesn't even do all the leads here. The other members Taj and LeLee also sing a lot of the parts in the songs so that is a plus. If you haven't checked this album out yet; what are you waiting for?

----------------
Now playing: Sole - 4 The Love Of You (Featuring Tamar)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards