Album Spotlight: Marques Houston - Veteran

Marques Houston won me over as a fan with his "Naked" album(which I will likely do an album spotlight feature on in the future). So I was really looking forward to his "Veteran" album though I never truly cared for the singles "Favorite Girl" and "Circle" but everything else I liked.

Marques Houston makes music for the grown and sexy in my opinion. His music particularly on this album is really smooth and I think its perfect for someone of my age group(26 and up). The album starts off with an intro with Marques talking about his past and his status as a "Veteran". Once you hear what he has to say; then it all makes since from there.

With music presented on the disc as it is; you do get a sense of a veteran making this album. It is definitely someone who has experience making music and capturing a certain mood. Some of my favorite songs are "Kimberly"(who many people thought was about Kim Kardashian), "How You Just Gonna"(which is real cool and breezy and it gives me a Spring type feel), "Always & Forever"(an absolute favorite), and many more.

You definitely should check this album out if you haven't. Now that I think about it a lot of these album spotlights are more like album reviews. I just felt like pointing that out. Well until next time everyone.

----------------
Now playing: Kiley Dean - No
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour