Album Spotlight: Ashanti - Concrete Rose

Hey! I could of did a spotlight on Ashanti's self-titled debut album but personally I wasn't even in to her at that time. I didn't become an Ashanti fan until the 'Concrete Rose' album which was released back in 2004. Man! It's been a long time!

I think I started liking Ashanti once a lot of the hate started to dog her real bad. I just found myself gravitating towards her and becoming anti-Beyonce[no offense Beyonce fans].

The debut single here[and practically only single] was the hit 'Only U' which went to #10 R&B and #13 R&B. It was Ashanti's last big hit until 'The Way That I Love You' came four years later.

I just really like the music here on this album. I think its cool, smooth, and seductive. My favorite songs are 'Focus', 'U', and so many more. I can't even think of the name of the songs right now. Ashanti; at the time felt like this was her best work. Most artists feel their current work is their best work so can you blame her?

Like the other Ashanti albums before this one; 'Concrete Rose' was certified platinum and I even remember buying it from Wal-Mart. I even remember telling my sister how much I liked this album that she eventually became to like it herself. Make sure you check out Ashanti's 'Concrete Rose' if you haven't already.

----------------
Now playing: Can't Take Me Home - 06 - Let Me Let You Know
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards