Music Feed: Home Is Where The Heart Is

All the songs listed below are about home; well for the most part. Some allude to the comfort of being home while others use home as a innuendo for something else. Check out the list and if you haven't heard of these songs; YouTube them!

It's My House, Diana Ross
This song is not Diana's most well known song but the song is from Diana's 1979 album, 'The Boss'. There is a movie that I can't think of off the top of my head where someone is singing this. Hmm...

My Place, Tweet
This is the opening song on Tweet's debut album; 'Southern Hummingbird'. It is very smooth and relaxing. Make sure you check it out if you haven't already.

Come Over To My Place, Davina
You may or may not remember this song but it was included on the 'Love Jones' soundtrack I believe or I could be wrong. It was a very nice chill song.

In My House, The Mary Jane Girls
The Mary Jane Girls gained notoriety for singing songs that may appear to be about one thing but was about something totally different. 'In My House' is no different and if you don't know who The Mary Jane Girls are; they were a female group discovered by singer Rick James.

A House Is Not A Home, Luther Vandross
This would become one of Luther's signature songs but he's not the only one who has sang this song. This song has been covered by so many artists; its not even funny. But Luther's version remains a classic in its own right.

No Place Like Home, Blu Cantrell
I miss Blu Cantrell and it shocked me to learn that she had been in rehab. Now the singer is back and working on new music. 'No Place Like Home' is from her 2003 album; 'Bittersweet' and it is the closing song on the album and its the perfect song to close an album out too.

----------------
Now playing: Amerie - The Flowers
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards