Album Spotlight: Sade - Love Deluxe

I was just in the car last night when Sade's newest song 'Soldier Of Love' came on and my friend mispronounced the name; something many people do and have done over the years. Pronounced Shar-day; Sade burst back into the limelight late last year with her first album in 10 years. Often confused as a solo act; Sade is actually a group.

One Sade album I really like is 1992's 'Love Deluxe'. The album featured singles like 'No Ordinary Love' and 'Kiss Of Life'. My mother owned this album many years ago and I came to like it as a result. I would later purchase my own copy of the album many years later.

'Love Deluxe' has a relaxing feel and like many Sade songs; the songs here carry on for well over five minutes in most cases. That's mainly because the album only contains eight tracks total. One of my favorite songs is 'Like A Tattoo'. I like the storytelling in this song and the breakdown that leads to a stunning climax. You will have to hear it to know exactly what I mean.

Many of the songs hear seem to tell some type of struggle either by Sade or someone else she knows. This is definitely an album worth checking out if you are into Sade.

----------------
Now playing: Sade - Soldier Of Love
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards