Album Spotlight: Lil' Kim - La Bella Mafia

One of my old friends is a huge Lil' Kim fan and often times he would ridicule her arch nemesis; Foxy Brown; who I am a fan of. Of course he liked some Foxy songs but he favored Kim over her.

In 2003; Lil' Kim had a lot to prove and 'La Bella Mafia' did the trick. The album contained two hit singles; 'Magic Stick' featuring 50 Cent and 'The Jump Off'.

That summer of 2003; my friend and I drove around in his car and this was pretty much all he played so the album would eventually grow on me.

I remember on the eve of the release of this album; XXL magazine ridiculed Kim for this album cover and having Notorious B.I.G. executive produce the album(even though at the time he had been dead for a couple of years). Personally I like this cover and I like Kim's style on this album and I would prefer this gangstress style for her on her next album(whenever she decides to release it).

A few weeks ago I was playing this album like I had just bought it but I was clearly on a Lil' Kim kick and this is why I decided to spotlight Lil' Kim's 'La Bella Mafia' for tonight's album spotlight showcase!

----------------
Now playing: Alicia Keys - Doesn't Mean Anything
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Quick said…
this is when she should have stopped with the surgery! Too bad she's not looking like this anymore
Unknown said…
You are right. I just hope she stops period; cause it looks like she is not stopping anytime soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards