Album Spotlight: Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak

I wasn't that big of a fan of Kanye Wests' prior to the release of '808s & Heartbreak'. To this day I still don't know exactly what drew me to this album instead of his others. I know I wasn't very particular about 'Love Lockdown' or 'Heartless'; the single choices but everything else really spoke to me.

The opening song 'Say You Will' is complete with heart monitor sound effects and a very emotional entry on the album; one of my favorites. My favorite song on the album is 'Welcome To Heartbreak' featuring Kid Cudi and to this day I'm still miffed at the Kid Cudi feature cause it doesn't sound like him. I recently revealed to my friend Kid Cudi was on the track and she was just surprised as I was.

Other songs like 'Street Lights' are high on my list among favorites and one song I would play constantly. I have a lot of memories with this album. I remember playing it back on a road trip to Wisconsin during the Thanksgiving holiday. It was snowy out and I was hoping I wouldn't get caught in some blizzard.

It has recently been revealed that Kanye is working on his new album; 'Good Ass Job' which I'm sure will be a big departure from '808s' but I will check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards