Mariah Carey Speaks On Mary J. Blige Collaboration!

If you haven't read or heard already, Mariah Carey will be releasing a remix album titled, 'Angel's Advocate'. The remix album is from Mariah's most recent album, 'Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel' which was recently certified gold(shipments of 500K units). One of the many collaborations on the album is 'It's A Wrap' featuring Mary J. Blige. Read below for more info on the collabo as well as Nicki Minaj's latest features and Fantasia's new album!

As you may remember, we first broke the news about Mary J. Blige being featured on Mariah's upcoming Remix album, Angels Advocate. In last night's show at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods in Mashantucket, Connecticut, Mariah confirmed during her spiels before performing "It's A Wrap" that indeed Mary J. will be on the album and featured on the remixed version of the song.

"This next song, this is about, basically, relationships. We're dealing with relationships here. It's like when you've waited all night long for somebody to come home and they finally come home, and it's the morning and... you yourself are like, 'Where is this MF'er?' In a difficult situation... but I'm talking about a serious subject here. This is a serious situation that I'm talking about. This is from, well I told you we're remixing the album and I'm singing this with Mary J. Blige and I'm really excited about it. But right now I'm gonna do it alone. It's called 'It's A Wrap.'"
Nicki Minaj To Appear On New Jennifer Lopez Album!
With Wayne's blessings, Minaj has released three mixtapes since 2007, all featuring guest appearances from her label chief. "When I heard him say my name it was such an OMG moment for me," Minaj says of their first collaboration, a remake of Young Gunz' "Can't Stop, Won't Stop." "I wasn't big enough for someone of that caliber to notice. I didn't think it was my time yet. It was very surreal."

Now, as she prepares her solo debut, Minaj continues to show the world what the fuss is all about, working with Usher,[SIZE="4"] Jennifer Lopez, Keri Hilson,[/SIZE] Bobby Valentino and Ludacris. She also appears on the Young Money album "We Are Young Money," released Dec. 21 and distributed through Universal Motown.

But she still remains humbled by all the opportunities and the accolades. "I never thought I would be one of the girls in that elite female rap group," she says. "I'm just as shocked as everyone else."
Fantasia Plans New Album!
American Idol season 3’s soulful winner, Fantasia Barrino, plans to make 2010 her year, and that starts by releasing a brand new album.

In a new interview with ABC News’ Beyond the Red Carpet, the 25-year-old singer talks about the new set that will be her first album in three years. “It’s been three years too long,’ Fantasia told host Darius Brown. “Music is my everything, so I have put my heart, my soul, and all of my time into this album.”

Fantasia’s last album was widely criticized for its, to put it lightly, weak first single, “Hood Boy.” The second single, “When I See You,” was a hit, helping the album rebound somewhat.

Music has always been an outlet for the single mother with an 8-year-old daughter to escape, and this album is no different.
In a new song called “Overload,” she talks about her hectic life in the last three years. “I remember going into the studio that night after I was getting so many phone calls. Mom was calling me about different people showing up. Sheriffs, lawsuits, and they said this, and they said that. My family needed this — I went in and I did ‘Overload.’”

Besides saying the album would be out this year, there is no set date for its release.
----------------
Now playing: Alicia Keys Ft. LL Cool J - Teenage Love Affair Remix
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards