Mariah Carey Sets Record With New Single!

This year officially marks 20 years since Mariah Carey has made her debut onto the music scene with 'Vision Of Love'. I can truly remember it like it was yesterday. I remember watching the video wondering was this woman white or black? It is nice to have personally witnessed this evolution of Mariah Carey over the years.

Now with 2010 here Mariah Carey is not slowing down as her latest single, 'Up Out My Face' featuring Nicki Minaj debuts on the R&B/Hip-Hop songs chart this week. Read more about that story as well as Mariah's newest album and Omarion's anger with the Grammy's.

Mariah Carey debuts on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at No. 97 with "Up Out My Face," featuring Nicki Minaj. The song is the fourth charted entry from "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel," following "Obsessed" (No. 12), "I Want to Know What Love Is" (No. 40) and "H.A.T.E.U." (No. 72). Her "Angels Advocate" remix album streets March 30.

With the new song's launch, Carey extends her R&B/Hip-Hop Songs record among female artists for consecutive years with a debut. She has sent a song onto the chart in each of the 21 years she has appeared on the list, dating to the debut of "Vision of Love" on June 2, 1990.

Among fellow female format luminaries, Gladys Knight debuted on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs each year from 1967 through 1989. The first 22 years of her streak, however, are archived under a group billing - Gladys Knight & the Pips - while her 1989 entry was as a solo act.

Aretha Franklin also maintained a prominent presence on R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in all but one year between 1964 and 1989. Her streak of debuts was interrupted by a lack of new entries only in 1984.
Mariah Carey Pushes Album Back!
After being pushed back from a Feb. 23 release date, Mariah Carey confirmed via her Twitter today (Jan. 28) that her remix album, "Angels Advocate," is now scheduled for March 30.

Carey released two songs this week off the set: a duet of "Angel Cry" with Ne-Yo and "Up Out of My Face" featuring Nicki Minaj. Videos for both songs, directed by Carey and husband, Nick Cannon, hit the web today.

Carey now goes up against Usher, who is set to release his new Jive Records album, "Raymond Vs. Raymond," on the same date. "Angels Advocate" is her 13th studio album and will feature all new remixes and duets of songs off her 2009 release, "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel."

Carey is currently on her "Angles Advocate" tour, which is set to wrap up on Feb. 27 at the Pearl Concert Theater in Las Vegas.
Omarion Upset Over Michael Jackson Grammy Tribute!
R&B singer Omarion recently spoke on the Grammys' upcoming Michael Jackson tribute and questioned why he is not involved in paying homage to the late singer.

From Omarion's perspective, no other entertainer can match his dancing skills.

"If I'm not a part of that, then that's not... I'm not gonna say it's wack," he says. "But I'm just saying, everyone knows what I do, so if you gon' have an MJ tribute...I take that back because Stevie [Wonder] did an MJ tribute. Everyone loved Michael. I'm not gon' say that. I'm just meaning the performance [aspect]. How you gon' have a Michael tribute without the playboy? [Laughs]. That's my only thing, and I mean this in the humblest and the most competitive way. I'm competitive -- that's what the game is about. Especially after Mike passed away, I feel like the stage, it's more important now. It's a responsibility to me when I hit the stage to not play with it. If you walk back and forth that's cool, too. If that's how you entertain, that's cool, but for the performances and for the dances and for the people that look up to Michael in the fashion I look up to Michael? I hope they bring it. Because if they don't, then I will."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour