Trey Songz Starts Work On New Album!

I will say I am surprised at Trey following up to 'Ready' so soon but like the article below entails, he wants to strike while the iron is hot. Nothing wrong with that right? I think he is becoming slightly overexposed though in my opinion.

In other Trey Songz news his single, 'I Invented Sex' featuring Drake is currently #1 on the R&B charts!

After a successful third album Trey Songz is planning to strike whilst the iron’s still hot by rush releasing the follow-up to Ready, and he’ll be enlisting the usual suspects like Pharrell, Timbaland and B-Cox to lend him a helping hand.

“I’m trying to make sure I have an album out ASAP,” he said. “I ain’t gonna tell you how soon, though. It’s not gonna be two years. I wanna use the same recipe I’ve been using. If anybody is added, it’ll be for real purpose. I spoke to Pharrell. I told him I’m getting in, Timbaland as well — both huge Virginian-grown producers. I definitely would love to work with them. But Troy Taylor I’ve been working with since the beginning of my career. Plus Bryan-Michael Cox I’ve had a couple hits with. I definitely wanna make sure we use the same chemistry.”

“I look to make more music that’s within the realm of Ready and even grow further.”
I am interested in hearing the songs with Pharrell though. I love me some Neptunes!

Mary J. Blige Featured In BET Special!
Mary J Blige Preps Words, Music For BET

Mary J. Blige is bringing her brand of soul to BET via a forthcoming special titled "Words & Music with Mary J. Blige."

Set to air December 22, 'Words & Music with Mary J. Blige' features the Queen of Hip Hop/Soul performing songs from her new album "Stronger with Each Tear".

Blige taped the special, which airs at 7:30pm, at BET Studios in New York Tuesday. Performing before a live audience, Blige shared wisdom and music while looking more enthused than ever about the forthcoming album.

Led by the single "I Am," "Stronger With Each Tear" arrives in stores December 21.
Mariah Carey Plans Remix Album!
Mariah's Remix Album Drops Feb. 23!

Mariah's new, as yet-untitled Remix album is set for release on Tuesday, February 23, 2010.

We have previously confirmed collaborations with Ne-Yo ("Angels Cry" Remix) and Nicki Minaj ("Up Out My Face" Remix), and now, we can also reveal that other artists such as Mary J. Blige, Snoop Dogg, T-Pain, R. Kelly, K-Ci & JoJo, Big Boi, Trey Songz and Fabolous will all be featured in the new Remix album.

We are told by label insiders that this album will be treated like a brand new project including promotional appearances. Mariah is scheduled to film her appearance on VH1 Storytellers in early January and the album's title and final track listing are expected to be announced next week.
For the last few months all I have read about is this remix album. 'Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel' didn't get this much press. I just know this remix album better be good.
----------------
Now playing: Foxy Brown - Never Heard This Before
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards