Throwback Video: Salt-N-Pepa - Independent

As the end of the year starts to wind down, there is less and less music news to report. Like I really have to search. And there won't be really much music news until 2010 and you know the first few months of the new year are typically slow. Meanwhile we can always go back in the past and long for the days of yesterday.

Salt-N-Pepa were true trailblazers and this video is just one of many that proves that. I have a lot of memories when it comes to this video and many of Salt-N-Pepa videos. I was a young child who grew up with my sister who would sit and watch videos on MTV on the weekend. This is just one of the handful of videos I remember as a child. Enjoy!



Years later Salt-N-Pepa would have their own reality show which revealed an estrangement that I never knew existed. Any time I would see Salt-N-Pepa they always looked happy and to be the very best of friends. But I never thought about the stigma that comes with girl groups and Salt-N-Pepa were no exception. While Salt is relatively quiet these days, Pepa is gearing up for a new reality show, 'Let's Talk About Pep' to air this January on VH1. Make sure you check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards