Raheem DeVaughn Plans New Album!

2010 is looking to be a very interesting year in music and I'm hoping it will be much like 2001; a year that music was at its peak. There are so many artists coming out and releasing albums in 2010. I have lots of reason to be excited but not too excited because I can be let down very easily.

Raheem DeVaughn who we all know from his hit, 'Customer' is one of the many singers who will be releasing a new album next year. Read below for more info on his album as well as news on Donell Jones and Jay-Z.

Set for release early 2010, DeVaughn's "Love & War" is led by the socially conscious cut "Bulletproof," followed by "A Wing and Prayer".

Citing war and life for many this decade, DeVaughn says “Bulletproof” is more like these are the problems; this is what we facing…almost like it’s a warning. Then “A Wing and a Prayer” is like okay, we know these are the problems, but I still believe in the power of prayer."

While DeVaughn is capturing history on "Love & War" he has not forgotten about the songs that made him a household name like "You," "Love Drug," "Woman" and "Guess Who Loves You More".

"Half of the album is on a “Bulletproof” vibe, like socially conscience, touching on different issues and half of the album is “love,” says DeVaughn. "It’s no time to be like sugarcoating nothing, like this is my rawest album yet."
Donell Jones Returns With New Album!
After releasing hit songs like "U Know What's Up" and "Where I Wanna Be," former LaFace recording artist Donell Jones took a break from music. With a recent digital release titled "The Lost Files," Jones says he's back and here to stay with plans for an independent debut in 2010.

"I've had a lot of time to work on it and I know it's going to be one of those joints you can play from beginning to end," Jones tells Singersroom. "I tried to approach this album in a way that every songmeant something; a strong meaning behind it."

Fast at work on the effort, which is due for release in 2010, Jones hopes fans will appreciate the album's feel good vibe and deep content.

"I really feel like my fans will appreciate it a whole lot because there is some deep situations on there and its real feel good music. I have those mid-tempo records that you can step to and grove to. I just think it's going to be a great album."

Taking the producer's seat on the as-yet-untitled project, Jones has crafted the majority of the effort with some assistance, thus far, from Mike City, the Underdogs and Ryan Leslie.

"I'm just trying to get people back to getting familiar with Donell Jones. Over the years, every project that I’ve had, its always taken me 3 years in between to come back out and I’ve always thought that was too long," says Jones. "This time around I have my own label and it won't take me as long to put out records; I plan on putting out records every year...god willing."
Jay-Z To Debut New Video!
Jay-Z is moving into the New Year with a brand new video.

According to NBC, Jay Z will premiere a music video for the single "On To The Next One" during its broadcast of 'NBC's New Year's Eve With Carson Daly".

Produced by Swizz Beatz, "On To The Next one" follows Jay-Z's successful run of chart-topping singles including "Empire State of Mind," "Run This Town," and D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)."

As previously reported, Jay Z will appear alongside Rihanna in two pre-taped performances on Carson Daly's New Year's Eve Special.


----------------
Now playing: Sylk E. Fyne - Romeo & Juliet
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards