Music Feed: Songs That Contain Acronyms

Songwriters are getting more and more creative with song titles. The most recent trend is the use of acronyms in song titles. Sometimes these acronyms have a meaning, and sometime they do not.

Check out this list I compiled for songs that contain acronyms! Step your musical knowledge up kiddies!

H.A.T.E.U., Mariah Carey
This is one of the stand out songs on Mariah Carey's 'Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel' album. Though people barfed at the video I actually love it. The acronym H.A.T.E.U. stands for 'having a typical emotional upset'.

I M.I.S.S. U, Nicole Scherzinger featuring Pharrell
You can't go wrong with Pharrell in my book! Pharrell knocked it out the park with this song. This is a very sassy and funky cut that was originally set to appear on Nicole's 'Her Name Is Nicole' album. Unfortunately that album never saw the light of day. A lot of the songs featured on the album were revived. You can hear a lot of them(not including this one) on the most recent album from the Pussycat Dolls.

As far as I know the acronym M.I.S.S. is just a play on the word miss.

G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T., Changing Faces
The majority if not all the hits from Changing Faces were written and produced by R. Kelly. Back in the summer of 1997, R. Kelly produced this gem of a hit! Believe it or not it took me awhile before I knew what this acronym meant. To be honest I just learned earlier this year. If you didn't know what this acronym meant; it means 'get out'. Only R. Kelly!

T.O.N.Y., Solange
Who knew that a song about an one night stand could be so good? I can't tell you how many nights me and my friend drove around listening to this song. We sang our hearts out and laughed at the same time. The acronym T.O.N.Y. stands for 'the other night [wh]y'.

PMS, Mary J. Blige
We all know what PMS stands for right? I thought I knew at first. Once I went back over this very post; I realized I had made a slight mistake. Instead of typing 'premenstrual syndrome' which is what PMS stands for; I originally typed 'post menstrual syndrome'. Close enough right?

Y.M.C.A., The Village People
Who doesn't know this song? This song has become a classic in its own right. The 'Young Men's Christian Association' has never been the same. Interestingly enough The Village People recently appeared on 'The Wendy Williams Show' to perform their cult hit!

Well there you have it people; another music feed! I hope you all learned something. These music feeds are for entertainment purposes as well to inform and enlighten the readers here. Thanks!

----------------
Now playing: Kelly Rowland - Stole
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards