2009 Recap: The Year Of...

Hello all! It's been awhile since I did my last recap but this one popped in my head while I was in bed. Now as I formally put all the thoughts that were in my head to this post editor, I know I am a forgetting a few key things. Typical of me!

2009 is truly coming to an end cause next week is Christmas and it didn't take long for that to get here. You are seeing plenty of year end lists and I have had my share and I'm clearly not finished but below is my latest one. It is simply a list of what we saw in 2009 and who or what dominated. Check it out!

Beyonce
Beyonce continued her reign all throughout 2009. There were hit singles('Halo', 'Sweet Dreams'), hit DVDs, and plenty of re-releases of 'I Am...Sasha Fierce'. There was the ABC Thanksgiving special. There were numerous endorsements and so forth.

Money
This year we were introduced to three groups who all had 'money' in their name. First up was Young Money; a group masterminded by Lil' Wayne. The group was brewing in 2008 but received a lot of attention this year. Their single, 'Every Girl' is one of the biggest singles this year and one of my personal favorites. Every time that song came on I got excited! Their debut album, 'We Are Young Money' wouldn't be released until the end of the year.

Lil' Wayne's ex-squeeze; Trina formed her own group; Pretty Money. The group was comprised of three female rappers. A few songs leaked out from the group and one featured Trina called, 'Crazy' which was a really good song.

Not one to be outdone, Diddy introduced us to Dirty Money. The group consisted of him, Dawn[formerly of Danity Kane] and another girl who's name I can't remember right now. But she looks like a cross between Gina Thompson(remember her?) and Missy Elliott.

Male R&B Singers
2009 was truly the year of male R&B singers. The men actually outdid the women this year as we got more albums from men this year. We saw the return of Maxwell! We got huge hit singles from Pleasure P, Mario, Trey Songz, R. Kelly, Ginuwine, and Joe. Maybe the females can reign next year or maybe the men will dominate again!

----------------
Now playing: Pleasure P - Patience (ft. Static Major)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards