Kelis Talks New Single, Album!

I am a fan of Kelis so I am looking forward to her new album. 'Acapella' didn't exactly blow me away but there is the hope for something better. Below you can read more about her new single and album.

"When she unleashed her new single, "Acapella," to the web today, one thing quickly became clear: Kelis is back--but not with a vengeance.

In fact, the uptempo cut is better suited for pop-locking than tire slashing, quite the opposite of what one might expect from a woman involved in a highly publicized divorce with Nas. But in an exclusive interview with VIBE in October--her first since becoming a mom--Kelis insisted that she's not singing scorned woman sorrows on her next LP.

"I think [fans are] expecting an angry record. And I'm not angry," Kelis says. "I'm actually curious to see how this goes over. People like angry records, they like the scorned women. But I'm not, and I don't feel that way. And I didn't feel that way when I was recording. The mood that I was in was so robust and full of life and new horizons. I hope people get that."

Instead of a disc full of "I hate you so much right now!" bawling, Kelis says her upcoming fifth studio album is greatly inspired by the birth of her first son, Knight. The dedication is apparent from the aforementioned "Acapella," which sounds like a techno remix of Lauryn Hill's "Zion."
Chris Brown Rolling Stone Review Excerpt!
Chris Brown has made a bland, occasionally obnoxious, pro forma R&B album. Brown mostly ignores the elephant in the room, churning out punchy dance-pop songs full of club-ready beats and Casanova gestures. He gloats about "the cars and the girls and the cribs." He promises ecstasy ("Gonna make you bloom like a flower," he tells the girl in "Take My Time"). There are also lost-love ballads, delivered by Brown in his nasal wisp of a singing voice. But as unfair as it sounds, the Rihanna incident has made it impossible to hear him in the same way; the sweetness that animated songs like 2008's "Forever" is now a hard sell.
Based on the samples I heard from Chris Brown's 'Graffiti' album, he can keep it. I'm simply not interested.

Whitney Houston A Hit At AMAS!
After an interval of 10 long years, Whitney Houston was back with a blast in the AMA. She casted her singing spell and the audience were enthralled in her magic again. The former model and now a singer/actress performed the song ‘I Didn’t Know My Own Strength.’ Dressed like an angel in a long white dress, she still had that magic in her. She stole the show completely and she looked as if she was in regular touch of doing performances.

Not only did she win, but she also received the ‘International Artist Award’ for being tremendously famous all around the globe. The troubled life with her husband did not let her down on her talent. She has the record of winning maximum number of AMAs in single year, she has sold more than 170 million records of her albums have been sold worldwide, she is the only artist with seven consecutive multi-platinum albums and she also set the record of being #1 Billboard 100 Hits for seven consecutive times.

Now that’s what they call a living legend. She got a standing ovation from the crowd, when she was being awarded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour