The Classic Never Dies

If you haven't noticed already I'm tributing Mariah Carey and her illustrious almost 20 year career. So you will see plenty of posts dedicated to her or mentioning her.

Mariah Carey is always covering someones song but no one has ever taken on any of her songs; not professionally anyway. I wonder why is that? Does Mariah think no one is capable of singing her songs the way she sings them? Who knows?

Over the years Mariah has not only created her own hits, but has made past hits, hits all over again.

Against All Odds
original artist: Phil Collins
Appeared on her "Rainbow" album which I ultimately skipped over but it was Mariah's last hit album of the 90s.

Make It Last Forever
original artist: Keith Sweat featuring Jacki McGee
Mariah along with Joe and Nas took on the Keith Sweat classic and also this song was build around Mariah's last #1 hit of the 90s, "Thank God I Found You".

I Want To Know What Love Is
original artist: Foreigner
Mariah's latest remake is already said to be a hit and is the first official single from Mariah's new album, "Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel" in stores September 29. Mark your calendars! A seriously hot album!

Bringing On The Heartbreak
original artist: I'm not gonna even pretend I know. I could look it up but I don't feel like it!
This was on the tail end of Mariah's 2003 album, "Charmbracelet" which I usually skipped on but a video and all was released and serviced to the UK audience.

I'll Be There
original artist: The Jackson 5
This is perhaps Mariah's most well-known cover song since she took it to #1. Recently Mariah made headlines when she sang "I'll Be There" at Micheal Jackson's memorial for somewhat butchering the song according to herself and many others.

The Beautiful Ones
original artist: Prince
This is my favorite remake of Mariah's. It appeared on Mariah's 1997 album, "Butterfly" which is my favorite album from her.

I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
original artist: Cherelle
Mariah turned this classic into her own from her 2001 album, "Glitter".

----------------
Now playing: Mariah Carey - It's A Wrap
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour