Music Feed: Ne-Yo's Most Famous Beefs

No songwriter in the music industry can conjure up controversy the way Ne-Yo does. Ever since he stepped on the scene with his debut, "In My Own Words", Ne-Yo has been a target for controversy. Whether he is denying rumors of his sexuality or beefing with rappers, Ne-Yo's outspoken candor keeps him on the minds of many.

I take a look at some of Ne-Yo's most famous and well-known feuds. I am sure there are more where this list came from. I only compiled the list of artists that immediately came to mind.

Chris Brown
Lil' Wayne's "A Milli" was such a big hit in the summer of '08 that everybody in R&B/Hip-Hop jumped on a remix of the song. Apparently Ne-Yo's own version was said to be a swipe at Chris Brown. I never heard the track but Ne-Yo did deny the rumors, I think.

Trey Songz
Ne-Yo called out Trey Songz when the racy singer charged fans to take pictures with him. The two singers have since deaded their beef.

Jim Jones
The outspoken rapper called out Ne-Yo and supposedly stomped him and his rumored lover out. Jim Jones later turned himself in on some undisclosed charges.

Beyonce
Ne-Yo cried foul when Beyonce took credit for writing, "Irreplaceable" a hit that Ne-Yo wrote; not Beyonce. I always wondered if this ever affected his relationship with Jay-Z.

Bobby Valentino
Former labelmate Bobby Valentino expressed his disdain for Def Jam and all the attention they were giving Ne-Yo. I have never heard Ne-Yo publicly address this.

Yung Berg
Ne-Yo called out Yung Berg's ignorant antics and threatened to smack him over live radio. I definitely don't blame Ne-Yo for making this comment. I was very glad that he did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour