Music Feed: Albums of 2008

This will be one of the many music feeds you will see associated with 2008. I decided to do my "Year In Review" this year in sections. I didn't want to bombard everyone with one big long post. This post is dedicated strictly to the majority of R&B/Hip-Hop released albums of 2008. Every album is not included here! Why? Because I wasn't interested in some albums or I haven't gotten around to listening to some yet. So for instance albums like Keyshia Cole's "A Different Me"(which I haven't heard yet)might be included on a future 2009 list.


Favorite Albums of 2008
These are my favorite albums of 2008. It is only 3 albums and it is sad because my list gets shorter every year.


Ashanti - The Declaration
This was definitely my album of the summer. Ashanti had a lot to prove with this album. While it doesn't rank as her most successful, it is her most consistent. The album contained a very strong batch of material. Unfortunately MotownUniversal didn't have much faith in this project. Long before the album was released it was dogged as being a complete mess. Wrong singles, false starts, and controversy put a damper on this hugely overlooked album.

Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak
This was the first Kanye West album I liked and purchased. I personally feel like a lot of the album tracks are stronger than the singles("Heartless" and "Love Lockdown")themselves. There is the haunting "Say You Will" and the contemplative "Welcome To Heartbreak". I am truly in love with this album.

Usher - Here I Stand
Following up to a hugely successful album like "Confessions" is not an easy thing. Despite only going platinum, "Here" is very strong in content and is truly for the grown and sexy. It shows Usher in a new light. It draws upon his new life as a husband and a father. The material here is well produced and executed. Unfortunately bad press caused the album to tank(in terms of not selling like "Confessions").



Favorable Albums
These albums weren't quite my favorites but they were pretty darn close. They may of been lacking in a few areas. They are definitely worth checking out though.


Brandy - Human
Foxy Brown - Brooklyn's Don Diva
Michelle Williams - Unexpected
Khia - Nasti Muzik
Lil' Wayne - The Carter 3
Ludacris - Theater Of The Mind
Trina - Still Da Baddest
AZ - Undeniable
Janet - Discipline
Slim - Love's Crazy
Solange - Sol-Angle & The Street Hadley Dreams
Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded
Jon B. - Helpless Romantic



Most Disappointing Albums
These albums weren't good in my opinion or I was expecting more and got less. This is just my opinion. I like what I like and you can like what you like ok?


Mariah Carey - E=MC2
Rick Ross - Trilla
Danity Kane - Welcome To The Dollhouse
Plies - Definition of Real
Ace Hood - Gutta
Britney Spears - Circus
Chris Brown - Exclusive: The Forever Edition
Beyonce - I Am...Sasha Fierce
Nelly - Brass Knuckles
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part One(4th World War)
Cheri Dennis - In & Out of Love
Ray J - All I Feel
Lloyd - Lessons In Love
The Game - LAX
T.I. - Paper Trail
Untitled - Nas
Raheem DeVaughn - Love Behind The Melody

Comments

Anonymous said…
NO DISRESPECT, I LIKE YOUR BLOG BUT SOME OF YOUR TASTE IS HORRIBLE, U LIKED KHIA CD BUT NOT DANITY KANE AND RAHEEM DEVAUGHN WHO HAS REAL TALENT.
Unknown said…
I never been a big fan of Danity Kane or Raheem DeVaughn. Not really the biggest fan of Khia but it is a very laughable cd.

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards