Album Review: Brandy - Human


I have seen a lot of other bloggers do reviews of albums. For a long time I contemplated whether or not I would or not. I have come to the decision that I will review albums. It will only be albums that I am solely interested in and I feel like everyone else should be too. I had huge doubts about Brandy's fifth album, "Human". I wasn't too impressed by lead single, "Right Here(Departed)". I also was turned off by many of the leaked songs which surfaced prior to the album. I just felt like all the songs were bland and sounded the same. Fortunately for me when I heard "Human" in full my doubts were no longer. Brandy has put together a wonderful album full of real-life emotions and experiences. The only disappointment about this album is Brandy doesn't give me the sass she gave me on "Full Moon" and "Afrodisiac". I decided to overlook that little mishap since I love Brandy and I love this album. My favorite song on the album is the warm, upbeat, "Warm It Up(With Love)". The song manages to put a positive spin on things all in the name of you guessed it......LOVE! "Piano Man" is also a favorite of mine mainly for the melody and the homage Brandy pays to collaborator Rodney Jerkins. "1st & Love" is cute and very clever. The tempo changes and its sometimes difficult to follow the various tempo changes. "Shattered Heart" like "1st & Love" features many tempo changes and is probably the most versatile and interesting song on the album in terms of something different. "True" is sweet and would likely be a nice future single. "Long Distance" is very pop and has all the makings of being a #1 hit single. It has classic written all over it. All-in-all Brandy has crafted a wonderful, universal, and timeless album. This is one of the reasons why Brandy has remained so relevant all these years and will continue to do so even after her peers disappear and fade into obscurity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards