Throwback Album: Chaka Khan - I Feel For You




Like the album spotlight, there will also be the Throwback Album. The Throwback Album will showcase an older album. One, that is at least 10 years old and considered a classic(in my eyes or by most people).

Chaka Khan's "I Feel For You" is one of my favorite albums of all time. It is an album that I grew up on as a child. It was an album I heard many a days while growing up. I liked the album as a child and would love it even more as I got older. What I like most about this album besides Chaka's extraordinary voice is the strong material present here. Though the material is very dated it was a very risky album for Chaka and it shows where music was and where it was going in 1984(the year I was born). The album yielded a few hits including the title track, "Through The Fire"; which was later sampled by Kanye West on "Through The Wire".

Many of the songs here are original but also contains a few unoriginal songs including the title track which was written and produced by Prince. There is "My Love Is Alive" and "Stronger Than Before" which was recorded by Joyce Kennedy, Dionne Warwick, and the songwriter herself; Carol Bayer Sager(some serious old school kats named here).

This album only contains 10 tracks and while people complain about albums with only 10 tracks; this album has 10 very strong tracks. I think a lot of album should be based on this album solely for its originality, material, production, songwriting, and the powerful singer Chaka Khan is herself. They are all the ingredients for a timeless album that I have come to cherish for many many years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards