Album Spotlight: Ciara - The Evolution

One of my best friends is one of the hugest Ciara fans around. When the demo leaked of "Go Girl" he knew it wasn't Ciara on the song. It sounded like her to me but I just figured her voice was altered. Anyway go back two years ago this time and we were grinding to Ciara's hit single, "Promise". The silky smooth R&B track produced by Polow Da Don was one of the hottest songs to come out of 2006. It was the lead single from Ciara's "The Evolution" album which also spawned the singles, "Like A Boy" and "Can't Leave 'Em Alone" featuring 50 Cent. Sure there were many other more suitable singles but they scrapped for the aforementioned singles.

The album opens with the Lil' Jon produced, "That's Right" which features Ciara in a somewhat monotone and plainative vocal. The song also featured a video that was unreleased but later made the rounds.

"Like A Boy" the album's 2nd single featured a Ciara taking on a dual role in the video. Ciara donned a suit and looked eerily similar to Trey Songz(who appeared on a remix). The video also featured Reggie Bush; who is a hot commodity among women and men!

Some of my favorite tracks include "Get In, Fit In", "Bang It Up", and "My Love".

The album was somewhat criticized for being eerily similar to Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation 1814" album with the spoken interludes and sexier image. I was just thinking about this album today(as I write this) and I realize how much I like it. I recently played the album on a road trip and its perfect for such an occassion.

With her new album, "Fantasy Ride" on the horizon, let's hope Ciara is able to duplicate musically and successfully what she did with "The Evolution". I am definitely hoping so now that she is reworking the album.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards