T.I. Likes, Mary J. Sued, R. Kelly Jealous

Video: T.I. - Whatever You Like
This is the 2nd or[1st]single from T.I.'s new album, "Paper Trail" in stores September 30. Get into it!


After stalling with "No Matter What", this may be the song that will help this album take off as "WUL" has already placed high on the R&B/Hip-Hop charts.

Music News:
Mary J Blige is being sued for $2 million dollars! Mary's last hit, "Just Fine" was apparently stolen and used without permission. The song was created while producer Ron "Neef-U" Feemster[worked with Ashanti]was under contract with a production company. Basically the production company never gave anyone permission to use the song. I'm not surprised by this. The song was a huge hit for Mary and was in commercials. Had this song came out and flopped, I doubt there would be a lawsuit. But if someone is claiming you stole their music, to go court you go!

It looks like R. Kelly can't handle a little healty competition. Former labelmate Joe has spoken out against Kelly using his clout in the industry to not play his records. I find this a bit odd considering R. Kelly produced a song for Joe["More & More"]which is a very hot song! I think I can also remember R Kelly saying in an interview he wishes a lot of Joe's material was his own or something to that effect.

I reported awhile back that Jay-Z was working on a new album with Timbaland. Now more info more has been revealed about the upcoming album now aptly titled, "The Blueprint 3". Kanye West is said to be contributing beats and friend/associate Memphis Bleek is likely to make a guest appearance.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I never was a big MJB fan, but I don't know of anyone who doesn't love "Just Fine." I especially like the Lil Wayne/Chubb Rock "Treat'em Right" remix. I'm suprised MJB is only being sued for $2 million, seeing how successful the song was. You know when it's time to sue the numbers get crazy!

*Hi, Cigna Sights & Views! Just wanted to let you know that I'm no longer running my website CFR. Things are really getting busy for me & I need to focus, focus, & focus some more! I really enjoy your site & you know I'll still be stopping by. Thanks for your support!*
Unknown said…
True enough! I would think the figure would be higher as well! Thanks for the support and maybe one day you'll return to blogosphere! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour