Brandy's Hair, Wayne's Lollipop, LL Cool J

Video: Brandy Behind The Scenes
When she's not working on her forthcoming Epic debut album set for release next year, Brandy is promoting her hair line, Pro 10. Check this exclusive behind the scenes video as the singer flips through wigs and poses for the camera.


Music News
Lil' Wayne is riding high with new album, "The Carter 3" expected to top next week's Billboard's chart. Meanwhile hit single, "Lollipop" is the #1 song in America for the 5th non-consecutive week. The producers behind "Lollipop" recently spoke about regarding the song. Originally the song was meant for Danity Kane. Read below for this exclusive excerpt:

Jim Jonsin: I originally made the track in a session for Danity Kane. They passed on the record, and I went over and played it for Static. He was working at my studio with Pleasure P from Pretty Ricky. He had the melody within, like, 15 minutes. He had the melody already down and he laid it. He laid the hook. It was probably about 30 minutes he laid the hook and then they came out with the "juicy for you" part and then I sampled their vocals: [sings] "Sh-sh-she lick me like a…" I sampled the little parts in the MPC drum machine and then I sampled the "Call me" and just made it like I was scratching and it was done. Static met up with Wayne and played it for him. We used auto-tune, but with auto-tune, you can't just sing through it. You gotta know notes. So Wayne's not just singing through some thing and it makes his voice sound perfect. The way he used it, he did some neat sh*t with it. He was singing all crazy with weird melodies that no one really does.
Deezle: We recorded it and we were listening back to it after. I looked at Wayne and he was like, "It's cool." I said, "Man, I can bring this song home." I totally re-did the drums and changed the bass line that Jim had. All my drums are harder than most people's drums. I gave it the bouncy feeling. It was more sedated before. That's why the people dance like they do when the record comes on. I brought it back to Wayne and he jumped up on the speakers and was excited and started doing the same dances he's doing in the video and was like, "That's the next single. I know we're supposed to do 'Showtime,' but we're going to do this one."

It is finally official! Amerie has indeed signed to Def Jam Records. The singer reportedly got a huge paycheck to come over to the label that made Rihanna a superstar. I'm interested to see what Amerie will come up with this time. At the same time I'm a little nervous for her though.

Actor Terrance Howard will release his solo debut album, "Shine Through It" on September 2. Howard claims he played the album for Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony and they loved it. Whether or not the listening public will love it or not remains a mystery. I still can't believe he is releasing an album. I guess if Jennifer Lopez did, why can't he.

LL Cool J has chosen "Baby" featuring The-Dream as his first single off his upcoming album, "Exit 13" in stores soon. This is the legendary rapper's 13th album and his last for Def Jam hence the title "Exit 13".

Young Jeezy will release his new album, "The Recession" this August. The album's first single, "Put On" features Kanye West. Meanwhile Jeezy will release a new mixtape titled, "The Prime Minister" set to hit anytime now.

The Pussycat Dolls will debut their new video, "When I Grow Up" on MTV's "F'N MTV" on Friday, June 13 at 8 p.m. ET/PT

JoJo has titled her new album, "All I Want Is Everything". The singer says her first single should surface in August.

Which New Edition member is planning to release a new solo album? Click here to find out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards