Plies' Busts, Dream Luvs, Alicia Keys Talks

Video: Plies feat Ne-Yo - Bust It Baby Part 2


Video: Dream - I Luv Your Girl

The Dream visited BET's "106 & Park" to premiere his video for "I Luv Your Girl" and revealed that he is working with Ciara and Beyonce on their upcoming albums. The Dream is weird to me. It's just something about him. I think it could be his sense of style. I remember his last BET "106 & Park" appearance (if I'm correct) he had on a tight ass suit. The-Dream claimed that then wife Nivea dressed him. I can only imagine if she dressed Lil' Wayne like that. I know he wouldn't be having it!

Rapper Lil' Kim is rumored to drop a new album in June. The untitled album will feature production from legendary producers Trackmasters (worked with Foxy Brown). In the upcoming months Kim will be featured on several remixes and guest appearances. First up will the remix to Nelly's "Party People", the alternative version of Ray J's "I Like To Trick (Remix)", G-Unit's first single, "Rider", new rapper Du Mills, "Roin Check", and LL Cool J's "The 5 Boroughs Are Back". Anytime a rapper is about to release a new album, theymake a lot of guest appearances prior to an album's release to build up a buzz for their perspective release. I can't hate on Kim for grinding and getting on remixes. Let's just hope these remixes are hot and not lackluster considering all the allegations concerning Kim's alleged use of ghostwriters.

Alicia Keys currently on tour supporting her album, "As I Am" is leaning towards releasing "Superwoman" as her album's 4th single. Keys recently released a video for her new single, "Teenage Love Affair" which pays homage to the Spike Lee film, "School Daze". A fourth album is also in the works. I notice a lot of artists are not waiting long now to start work on new albums especially the more successful ones. Usually Alicia gives us a good 3 - 4 years before she releases an album. When she does hit, people get really excited because she's been out of the game as opposed to someone like Beyonce who is constantly in the spotlight.

John Legend plans to release his new album this September. The album is preceded by the first single, "Green Light" featuring Andre 3000. The second single is the Kanye West featured, "It's Over" produced by The Neptunes. I never been a big John Legend fan. He just doesn't do it for me then again I'm not big on a lot of male singers. I remember the hype surrouding Legend's first album. I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon when everyone is on someone's jock like that. I usually like to like that person for myself or find that special "it" factor about that artist instead of liking an artist because everyone else does.

After assaulting two men last week, Amy Winehouse got a slap on the wrist for her scuffle which made headlines last week. The singer was cautioned that if it were to happen again she would be charged. Amy is constantly in the headlines cutting up. I hope she gets herself together very soon and puts out another great album. "Back To Black" is a really great album!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards