Daily Roundup: Harlem's New Upstart

Teyana Taylor - Google Me Video
The Neptune's latest discovery struts her stuff in her debut video for her upcoming album, "From a Planet Called Harlem" in stores May 20.

I think the video and song is cool. Teyana does remind me a lot of Kelis but also Neneh Cherry. The video reminds me a lot of Neneh Cherry's "Buffalo Stance". If you ever saw that video or haven't and watched it, you'd understand what I meant.

The season finale of "Making The Band" aired last night and I didn't see the show in its entirety. When I did catch the show, it was near the show's end. Donnie Klang was performing his new single, "Take You There" featuring Diddy. I noticed produced Seven in the crowd so I'm assuming he produced it. Diddy says there will be another season of MTV's "Making The Band". Whether or not this show will consist of Danity Kane, Day 26, and Donnie Klang is unknown. Have you noticed that all three Bad Boy acts begin with the later "D"? And it just so happens that the CEO's name begins with a "D" as well. I thought that was a pretty interesting coincidence.

British songbird Corrine Bailey Rae's husband was found dead after an apparent overdose in a London apartment. The 32-year old Jason Rae was found 3:15 a.m. Saturday morning. A man was arrested for supplying drugs to Rae but was released on bail shortly thereafter.

Makeda Barnes-Joseph drops the $20 million dollar lawsuit she filed against rapper Remy Ma. Remy is accused of shooting Joseph in the abdomen twice over $2,000 that came up missing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards