The Daily Roundup: Amerie's Def Jam


There are rumors that Amerie is no longer signed to Columbia Records and has jumped ship to Island/DefJam Records. The rumors were more than confirmed due to Amerie appearing on Chingy's single, "Fly Like Me". Amerie's 3rd album, "Because I Love It" was not released in the US but released overseas. Whatever the truth may be I look forward to future albums from Amerie. My friend said Amerie is an "innovator" and I agree. I know a lot of people love her "All I Have" album and feel that is her best work. A lot of people want her to go back to that sound which is understandable but its not easy to replicate something like that. Even when an artist attempts to recreate something, people won't be satisfied either way. They will have something to nitpick about. It is no different from people wanting Janet Jackson to recreate the "Control" album and other musical elements from her 20 year career on "20 Y.O" and when she did the results were less than flattering. I liked "20 Y.O" though but it wasn't my favorite album from Jan. On second thought I don't really have a favorite Janet album I like them all equally the same.

Speaking of Janet Jackson she was recently quoted as stating her last two albums, "Damita Jo" and "20 Y.O" "weren't right". I think the dismal sales attributed to such a statement like that. While I enjoyed both albums, they weren't bad. I think they would of been more successful had they chose the right singles. It is typical for an artist of Janet's stature to write off her failures and only look at her accomplishments. Toni Braxton was once quoted stating that her 2002 album, "More Than A Woman" "didn't count" because it didn't sell like previous albums. It may of not sold a lot of copies but it was a good album in my opinion. I think Toni makes great albums though.

I couldn't believe how fast the new Ashanti video for "The Way I Love You" leaked out. Come to find out what we are seeing now is merely a rough cut of the video. It is not the final version. The singer will premiere the official version of the video on February 27 on MTV's "TRL" and BET's "106 & Park" where on the latter show, Ashanti will co-host as part of the "Wild Out Wednesday" festivities. Go Shani!

For those of you huge Brandy fans like myself, the singer has landed the first single off the upcoming "Meet The Browns" soundtrack on a track titled, "Dig This". The soundtrack will be in stores March 18. The movie stars Angela Bassett and Tyler Perry. In other Brandy news the singer recently left a message via MySpace thanking fans for their birthday wishes and that the new album is in the works.

News Tidbits:
The Kanye West video for "Flashing Lights" is being labeled a teaser but MTV showed the same video that has leaked on the net. I don't recall it being mentioned on "TRL" that the video was a teaser. I think that is the final cut of the video.

G-Unit member Tony Yayo cleared of all charges in child assault case! Click here to get the full story!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards