Wat Song Did Toni Braxton Pass 2 Fantasia?

Daily Roundup: Jay Z is reportedly getting the axe from Def Jam and JD might take his spot. There had also been the long rumor of Jay Z moving over to Columbia Records to be near boo Beyonce and mentor Rick Rubin. Columbia is in bad shape and might be able to benefit from Jay since their main artist is Beyonce (from an urban standpoint anyway). Recent releases from Kelly Rowland and Amerie failed to hit or weren't released altogether.

While Janet Jackson is busy wrapping up production on her upcoming debut Island Def Jam set, rumors are flying left and right about the album. Here is the latest; the album may be titled 40 Y.O. (hope not), the first single is called "No Limit On Love", Janet is reportedly filming the video soon, and the first single (not album) should be out in February so if that's true the the album will more than likely be released in April. I also read that HMV Japan is listing the album to be released on Feb 20, 2008 so there again there are so many rumors. As the first single and actual album date approaches, I'm sure things will become more clear.

LeToya is releasing a buzz single from her upcoming second album called "Swagger" and it features Bun B and Slim Thug. What is perhaps more interesting than anything is one collaborator in particular and that is ex-flame Slim Thug. I'm surprised at how many times they have hooked up musically considering they are exes. I guess their split wasn't so bad after all. How would you feel though if your man had another child on the side while he was with you? LeToya obviously holds no grudges but that is a good thing.


I don't know why Irv Gotti is still concerned about 50 Cent for. I think Irv needs to be focused on rebuilding Murder Inc and his family judging from his reality show. Irv's show, "Gotti's Way" returns in February on VH1 while "The Salt N Pepa Show" remains on the backburner as far as I know. I take it the last episode (with Pepa introducing Salt to the weave game) was the last episode of the season. VH1 sure didn't say it was the season finale though but they did advertise "Gotti's Way" as having a season finale. I know "The Salt N Pepa Show" won't be on next week as VH1 is having the "Top 100 Songs of the 90's" on in the "SNP" time slot.

I notice a lot of blogs or who I like to look at as my competitors are going private. I guess going private is the new thing but I'm not quite sold on going private myself. I feel like when everyone goes left, I go right. Hey! I just might do it one day myself but not right now. With the increased cutdown of blogs, bloggers are going private to ensure their able to run their blog free of trouble and the way they want to. With private settings seeming to overtake a few blogs, you'll have to gain access by submitting your email address and asking the owner for admittance.

News Tidbits:
There is a rumor going around that Diddy is dating Cassie. I guess that explains for her getting a second record.

Nicole Scherzinger's new album date for "Her Name Is Nicole" is January 29, 2008! Let's see how long this will last!


Did You Know:
Fantasia's hit single, "Truth Is" was originally written for Toni Braxton. When Braxton passed on the song, it landed in the hands of Fantasia and she made it the hit it is today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards