Toni Toni Toni


Daily Roundup: Toni Braxton has apparently signed to J Records. The move follows Toni's depature (and disappointment) with Blackground Records which distributed her last album, "Libra". While the album sold modestly, Braxton fell out with not only the label but former manager Barry Hankerson. Braxton has a long history of falling out with labels, business associates, and colleagues. I hope this move to J Records will be a clean slate for Braxton. Out of a lot of artists, I will say Toni is the most consistent artist out today. All her albums in my opinion are very good and strong (while some are surely stronger than others), Toni rarely disappoints when she hits the studio.


Jennifer Lopez is still filming videos and releasing singles from her embarrassing, "Brave" album. The next single is the title track so look out for the video soon. I'm not mad at her for continuing to shove this album down our throats even though most swallowed it and spit it out.


Comments

Lukey Boy said…
I agree Lamar, Toni's albums are so strong, I have them all and she just trangressed to modern R&B so well and convincingly, that's my girl! She's extremely underrated in my opinion. LOVE "Take This Ring", "Sposed To Be" and "Give It Back" at the moment.
Unknown said…
Oh wow! I love all those songs too. We have similar taste.

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour