MTV VMA's (Pre) Show Rundown

I was watching my DVD of The Jeffersons, and I realized eight o'clock was coming. I stopped my DVD to tune into the MTV VMA's Pre-show. All the hottest stars in all genres of music were present. Everyone from Ludacris to Jennifer Hudson to 50 Cent to Nelly Furtado were in attendance. Of course the big story on everyone's mind was Britney Spears opening performance. I'm still watching the show as I type this. Right now I'm providing you all with a rundown of the show (so far) for those interested. I heard they aren't going to repeat the show (right away) so....

  • Nicole Scherzinger was the first official performance of the night (despite it being the pre-show). She performed her debut solo single, "Whatever U Like" featuring Lil' Wayne. T.I. (who is originally featured on the song didn't perform with her because of he didn't know whether he was T.I. or T.I.P.) was there on the red carpet so go figure. Lil' Wayne looked like he been hitting the gym up.
  • Ludacris (along with Jennifer Hudson) confirmed the rumors of their recent duet and Luda has been celebrating the big 3-0 all weekend. Jennifer and Luda's birthdays are only days apart. Go Virgos! I'm really close friends with some Virgos by the way.
  • Mary J. Blige praised Britney's possible comeback and said 50 and Kanye can both win concerning the album showdown on Sept 11th.
  • Britney Spears opened the show as expected with her new single, "Gimme More". After the performance I wanted her to "Gimme More". I felt Britney looked decent but lacked any enthusiasm whatsoever. It seems like her heart wasn't really into it. I think all the legal woes and bad press is getting to her (again).
  • Rihanna won for "Monster Single Of The Year" for "Umbrella"...well deserved indeed! Ella ella ehh ehh!
  • Justin Timberlake challenged MTV to play more videos.....including his I guess.
  • 50 Cent and Kanye West faced off (yet again) to present an award (which one I don't remember) went to Beyonce and Shakira
  • Chris Brown (one of the best performances of the night thus far) brought the house down performing "Wall 2 Wall" and his new single, "Kiss Kiss". Chris was joined by Rihanna who did a special medley of "Umbrella".
  • Kanye West along with T-Pain performed his new single, "Good Life". Kanye paraded around the Palms Resort with T-Pain in tow. Pain looked like he was having a hard time keeping up with Kanye but it was cool I guess.
  • Rihanna performed a short set of her current single, "Shut Up & Drive".
  • Alicia Keys came out and performed her new single, "No One" sans the piano before making her way to it. Diddy was very into the performance being the very show off he is. I don't like the new Alicia song or her performance for that matter.
  • Jamie Foxx (along with Jennifer Garner) presented an award for "Best New Artist". Jamie went against the grain (by ignoring the teleprompter) and went into an improptu rant. The rant included him promoting his upcoming movie, The Kingdom (Sept 28th) and blasting Diddy for being all about him.
  • Mary J. Blige welcomed Dr. Dre (in a rare appearance) who presented "Video Of The Year" which went to Rihanna for "Umbrella".
  • Diddy (joined by Yung Joc) was supposed to appear on stage with Kid Rock but there was a fight between him and Tommy Lee over Pamela Anderson. It all makes sense now. Jamie Foxx was talking about there being a fight but I thought he was just joking. Diddy went on to say that "fighting" is not just associated with Hip-hop but Rock too. Thanks for pointing that out because its so true.
  • Nelly Furtado, Timbaland, Keri Hilson, and Justin Timberlake (closed the show) with a medley of their hits, "Do It", "The Way I Are", "Love Stoned", and "Give It To You". Overall a cool awards show, not the best but slightly better than BET's 2007 Awards in June.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour