I Have A Huge News Update For U All


Clash Of The Titans
According to a host of internet rumors a battle is brewing between LL Cool J and Jay Z. The war of words is being document in 50 Cent's wack "I Get Money" remix where Jay Z proclaims he is the G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time), a title that LL has proclaimed years ago. Jay insists that he is the G.O.A.T. and that statement can be debated for hours, days, weeks, months, and even years. Jay has downplayed the feud but did however speak to Angie Martinez regarding LL's disdain for Jay after the handling of his last album (which I can't remember the title). Jay Z is good business man and then again he is not. He does big things for himself but for his artists he don't. I had to tell it like it is.

Dream Big
The Dream (who is responsible for Rihanna's "Umbrella") is fastly becoming the new NeYo. He is releasing his solo debut, "Love Me All Summer, Hate Me All Winner" on Dec 11th. His single, "Shawty Is The Shh (10)" is a bonafide hit. The album's second single, "Falsetto" will be serviced to radio soon. Rihanna and Fabolous are guest artists on the album. Dream's upcoming collaborations include Celine Dion, Nicole Scherzinger, and Mary J. Blige. The most interesting thing about Dream to me is that he said he vows to never work with Chris Brown. Ha! Chris Brown is cool to me though but Dream says Brown came at him wrong regarding the "Bed" song. Chris should just get over it.



News Tidbits:

For anyone who cares, Whitney Houston is still on Arista Records. I didn't know there was a rumor around stating otherwise. Whitney Houston has recorded for the Arista label for well over 20 years.She is one of the very few artists who have remained at the same label their entire career. Go Whitney!

R&B group Nina Sky ("Move Ya Body") has signed to J Records and while I'm very happy for them, I hope they don't regret the decision down the road. J Records is horrible at promoting their urban artists. All the promotion goes to Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Good grief!

Beyonce overkill continues! On Nov 27th Beyonce will release a special "Beyonce Experience" DVD live from The Staple Center complete with a Destiny's Child reunion and a cameo for Jay Z. While Beyonce surely overdoes it, she keeps her fans happy with collector items such as DVD and EPS. I can't be mad.

Ashanti appears on the November cover of King magazine. I can't wait to see this. I love Shani Bani!

Jennifer Lopez's "Brave" album has leaked but you won't find it here. I'm not even interested in downloading this album. I think her music career is pretty much kaput. I could be wrong though.

T.I. is starting work on a new album. I guess the saying "striking while your hot" applies to his current game plan.

Album Updates:
David Banner's "The Greatest Story Ever Told" (what's so great about it) has been pushed back to Nov 20th. First single, "Speaker"featuring Lil' Wayne and a host of others is slowly making the countdown and radio rounds. Guests on the upcoming album include Chris Brown, UGK, Jim Jones, etc.

Wyclef Jeans' "Carnival 2" has been pushed back to Dec 4th. The album includes guest appearances by Norah Jones, Mary J. Blige, and T.I. just to name a few. I just noticed that everyone is pushing album up, down, back, left, and right. It looks like the labels are really trying to make the best out of these upcoming albums given its right during the holiday season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour