Britney Spears, Chris Brown, Erykah Badu

Showdown In Las Vegas
Ready to see Britney shake it up at the VMA's? I'm watching the America's Next Top Model marathon on MTV. Every commercial break is filled with some senseless tribute to the VMA's . I'm really just interested in seeing Britney's performance and that is it.

My Little Theory
I picked up the new Vibe magazine with Chris Brown on the cover. I didn't pick up so much for him being on the cover but the headlines. In the Oct issue, female rappers troubles, the Debarge family, and the music industry is profiled. Vibe was talking about the industry and how music sales have gone down (particularly in cd's). Cd's will unfortunately be a thing of the past. They will become very much like vinyl (which you can still actually buy today). I think the music industry just needs to refresh things. I think CD's should be introduced in a DVD format. What I mean by that is the CD's will come in the oblong box DVD's come in and contain the same contents. Instead we'd get a bigger booklet full of pictures, linear notes, etc. Every CD should also feature some bonus disc with miscellaenous material. The even bigger perk to this will be it's price. How much? Five dollars! Now that will bring the consumers in, I bet!

Album Update:
Erykah Badu's new album will be called "The Kabah". It will be released Oct 23rd. The date will
change more than likely. Erykah hasn't released a new single yet but maybe something will leak soon. Last I heard Erykah worked with The Neptunes so that would be worth a listen. Erykah's last album, "Worldwide Underground" was just that. It was like an eight LP (Long Player) with ten minute songs and all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour