50 Cent, New York, Mary J. Blige, Mariah


I Add My 50 Cent(s)
I think this will be my last gripe or mention about the 50 Cent v. Kanye debacle until the official numbers come out next Tuesday. I just wanted to say how much I like 50's album. I know many people are liking Kanye's album but I already stated how I feel about it (at presstime). I just like 50's singles better and the album is good. I always go for the underdog. In this case, strangely enough, he is the underdog. I guess 50 is going to retire now since Kanye beat him in sales (so far). 50 went on radio, I read, and said Interscope undershipped his album. Now must we resort to this excuse everytime an album underperforms. I just feel like he should wait for the official numbers on Wednesday to say if they really undershipped his album. I don't think Interscope would do that though. I'm sure they had expectations for the album unlike Motown with Swizz Beats. I keep saying this but the ultimate test will be who's album is gonna have the longer shelf life (on the charts). Only time will tell.


Train Wreck
I can't wait until this "Rock Of Love" crap is off. I'm waiting on "I Love New York 2" even though I'm a bit disappointed when I found out one of the guys (who is a midget) is a rapper. The things people do for fame. I know this show is a train wreck in the making. Tune in Oct 8th on VH1 to see who has love for New York, who doesn't, and who is just there for TV.

Album Updates:
I just read that Mary J. Blige has a new album on the horizon entitled, "Growing Pains". The set is due Nov 23rd. I know Mary has been working on a new album for awhile. Typically Mary releases a new album every 2 years anyway. The Nov 23rd release date is wrong as the 23rd doesn't fall on a Tuesday so I will assume its the 20th.

Mariah Carey's upcoming album is being pushed back to December. It makes sense though because she hasn't put out a new single yet. Her new single should be out if she planned to come out in November anyway. Is it going to be another Emancipation. We shall see.

News Tidbits:

  • Lil' Kim and 50 Cent sued over royalties unpaid for the song, "Magic Stick".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards