Random Bits/Albums Update/News Tidbits

Tell Tale
I was listening to the Wendy Williams Experience a few days ago, and I suppose Mya was scheduled to be on the show. I take it she didn't arrive as Wendy started bad mouthing her(that's what they do when you don't show up). Wendy said she heard Mya had a tell all book coming out. She was going to expose all the details of her life and career. When I think of tell all book, I think Superhead. I think someone who wants attention and money. I really don't think this is true but if so Mya is doing this only for attention. Of course you can't believe everything Wendy reports. Her news comes courtesy of mediatakeout which has one of the worst reputations for spreading false news and gossip. It is like the National Enquirer but online.

Free Of Charge

Free(formely of 106 and Park fame) is planning to release her long awaited solo debut this winter. Free has been working on music for years and has a huge list of producers featured on her project. They include Chucky Thompson(Faith Evans), Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins, Scott Storch, etc. Well about damn time Free! I thought you gave up your musical aspirations. It is nice to see she is still pursuing it. Free is in her late 30s(even though she doesn't always look it) but I wonder how the public will be receptive to her work. I can definitely see her getting love in the urban community though.

Total Domination
I keep reading that Total("Can't You See"," What About Us") are getting back together. I loved Total's first self-titled album. I wonder will the new album surface on Bad Boy? If so we might be waiting forever for it to come out. There is also a rumor that a fourth group member is being added. What for?

Albums Update
It looks like the month of September is proving to be too competitive for some artists as they are pushing their albums back and forth. The latest changes will be reflected in the "Upcoming Album Releases" but you can also view them below:
  • Angie Stone - The Art of Love & War - Now: Oct 9th Then: Sept 18th
  • Eve - Here I Am - Now: Oct 16th Then: Sept 18th
  • Jagged Edge - Baby Making Project - Now: Sept 25th Then: Sept 11th
  • Johnta Austin - Ocean Drive - Now: Sept 4th Then: Oct 16th
  • Foxy Brown - Brooklyn Don Diva - Dec 4th

News Tidbits:
  • Lil' Flip found innocent on credit card scam charges
  • Kanye West on the cover of the new XXL magazine

Comments

Lukey Boy said…
Ha ha I love me some Wendy, I'm still bumping the Whitney and Sheryl Lee interviews you posted a while back Lamar! I hope that Mya thing isn't true because that's just tacky, surely she has enough money from her music career thus far not to do that?

There's been rumours going around for ages about Total getting back together, I don't want to listen to them in case they ain't true. I really want to know how the other girls are doing now though, I've seen Keisha and Omar Epps in a lot of recent pictures but nothing of Kima and Pam. I was a complete Total stan back in the day and have all their singles and albums! Like you said Lamar, a fourth member is so pointless - they're great as a trio!

Anyway I digress, thanks for the hot blog as usual Lamar!
Unknown said…
Thank you for continuing to show your support for the blog. I really appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour