Making The Band 4, Da Brat, New York

The Show Is Over
So I watched some of the season finale of "Making The Band 4". I wasn't all that excited about it really. If I remember correctly, Brian A, Big Mike, Willie, Q, and Robert made the band. Donnie got a solo deal. There were many cheers and tears of joy. I think some of those tears should be saved for whats to come. Given Dids track record, I don't know what to expect from the group except a platinum album and hit single. Just look at how Dids did Danity Kane. I really hope the best for the group though.

TV Killed The Rap Star
There is a rumor that Da Brat will be a judge on MTV's upcoming "Celebrity Rap Superstar". This will be Brat's 3rd reality show. It seems like Brat has given up on rap in turn for reality TV. I keep hearing she's working on a new album but nothing ever surfaces. It seems like she is just riding the wave of reality TV (what's popular at the time). She has become more of a follower than a leader over the years. I remember when Kim and Foxy were rapping about nothing but sex at the time. Brat was on TV saying "sex sales, I'm trying to go 3x platinum". While she did sex up her image, she didn't go 3x platinum (because it wasn't all the way believable). This was before the release of her 2000 "Unrestricted" album which featured "What'chu Like" featuring Tyrese. Remember that? Montel Jordan had the same sample (as "What'chu Like") with his "It's On Tonight".

I Love New York Too
VH1's "I Love New York 2" premieres Oct 8th (exactly 9 months after the 1st season's original airdate). No preview of the show is available yet. When it becomes available you will see it here first. I'm looking forward to this train wreck. Let's hope New York finds true love this time (then again don't bet on it). These reality shows are starting to become as staged and scripted as ever (but it still makes for great TV).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah and Nivea & Jagged Edge had the same sample as Whatchu Like on "Don't Mess With My Man"
Lukey Boy said…
lol aren't producers original? The sample is Claudja Barry's "Love For The Sake Of Love" by the way. And the Montell Jordan track was "What's On Tonight" just to be anal Lamar. he he :P

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards