Blu Cantrell, Missy Elliott, Angie Stone


Once In A Blu Moon
Ever wonder what happened to Blu Cantrell ("Breathe", "Hit'Em Up Style (Oops)")? Well she has resurfaced in a new stage play entitled, "Angela Dunlap's Gossip, Lies, and Secrets". Blu plays one of three women bound by trust and loyalty who's lives are suddenly shattered after another friend's success. There is more to the plotline (of course) but that's a general idea of what its about. The play stars the aforementioned Cantrell, LisaRaye ("All Of Us", "The Players Club"), and Kenya Moore ("Trois"). Sadly I always looked at these stage plays as a last resort (for actors/singers) who were pretty much off the radar. I am glad Blu is doing something to pay the bills. I do hope she returns to the music. She is one of my favorite singers. I know a lot of people are quick to say Blu can sing but they just don't like her image.

A Sure Bet
Missy Elliott returns this December with her new album, "The Countdown". I would guess Timbaland is producing on this. He made some comments (somewhere I read) where he said something along the lines of Missy fitting in with music changing. I'm sure Missy has a few more hit singles up her ass. She currently co-wrote and produced Keyshia Cole's, "Let It Go" which is #1 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop charts. Meanwhile starting Sept 17th you can catch Missy in the new Doritos (chips) commercial.

Album Update:
Angie Stone finds her latest album, "The Art Of Love & War" pushed back from Oct 9th to Oct 16th. Wow! These albums are really getting pushed back as of lately. I think a lot of artists are trying to avoid the 50 Cent v. Kanye West showdown.

Comments

Lukey Boy said…
I'm glad to hear Blu is doing something creative and she's one of my favourite singers too Lamar! Not just for her singing and songwriting (both are great) but also for her personality. Did you see her interview with Wendy Williams that was included with the "Bittersweet" album? I bump that all the time on my iPod those two are so funny together!

I hope Missy and Timbo do work together again, Missy just don't sound right over someone else's beats! I want them to go more R&B like Missy's first couple albums though because the last few albums Missy has been focusing too much on rapping instead of singing. (which she's better at)
Unknown said…
You know what? I was just watching that Blu Cantrell interview with Wendy. I hadn't seen it for awhile but I do like it.
Lukey Boy said…
Ha ha yeah I love the part where Wendy asks her if she's gonna show nappy dugout and Blu tells her "there's nothing nappy about the dugout first of all". She seems like a genuine, level-headed girl.

I'm so glad she's not ashamed of those nude pictures. People are too quick to call women hos and sluts and like she said just because you do nude pictures doesn't mean you out there sleeping with everybody.

By the way, did you ever see the Playboy spread she was promoting the shit out of in this interview? I can't find it anywhere on the internet...lol
Unknown said…
I'm not sure the pictures were released. I do remember shortly thereafter (when the pictures weren't coming out) some very revealing photos of her at a photo shoot leaked. I think you could go to google or yahoo and do a image search of Blu and you'll see them. If and when you see them, I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards