MySpace Profile Showcase - Mr. Cheetah

Tigers, lions, cougars, jaguars, and panthers don't have shit on Mr. Cheetah! He reigns supreme! He is the King of the jungle. He is an one man band who is ready to push his label "Cheetah Entertainment Operations"(C.E.O) to the forefront. What better place to do that then with Cigna's Sounds & Views? Find out who Mr. Cheetah looks up to the most, his obsession with "hats", and separating Northern rappers from Southern rappers. Hear him roar!

Interview Date: 7/17/07

1. Who is responsible for you wanting to be in the industry?
When I look at the music industry, I look at the entrepreneurs--not the artists themselves--as influences because the objective in my life is to become a successful businessman. For example, Diddy, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, T.I., Russell Simmons those are successful businessmen and I feel they laid the foundation for becoming a successful businessmen in this industry, which sometimes could bend you over and, well you know the rest. So, I feel those successful business leaders of Hip-Hop are responsible for me coming into this industry.

2. What are your future plans and goals?
Oh man, we could be here all day, but I will keep it brief. My long term goal is to be able to wear as many different "hats" associated with the music industry. You know, like being the writer, artist, producer, manager, promoter, marketing exec., etc. like Diddy; he's handling his business. I want to grow my record label into an Empire and dominate the musical landscape. I would also like to own a couple of nightclubs (Club Cheetah) in my favorite cities. So, no matter where I'm at, I know I'll be able to find a crunk spot!

3. How would you describe yourself as an artist?
As an artist, I try to be creative and original, separate myself from the millions of artist in America. I'm also versatile; I can freestyle, get on a club joint, do a reggae joint, etc. I was born and raised in the down South, but I have the flow of an up North artist. Being from the South, everyone assumes we rap the same, but we don't. I was heavily influenced by Northern artists such as Biggie, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Nas and Cam. I can go to Atlanta and blend in with them and then go to New York and do the same, you know. Matter of fact, I was in New York about 4 weeks ago and they didn't care I was from the South; they showed love and gave props and vice-versa. It's like I'm a Northern rapper with a Southern accent, you know.

4. What artists are you currently feeling right now?
I'm really feeling T.I., Plies, Swizz Beats, Papoose, Grafh, Juelz Santana, Lil Wayne, Cassidy, Serius Jones, Camp Lo, Fabolous, Lupe Fiasco, Sizzla, Mr. Vegas, Baby Cham, Peedi Peedi and Young Jeezy

5. Do you have any plans to add any artists to your label?
Yes, I would like to start a fresh roster of raw talent and mold them into artists in about a year or two. But, me being the first artist on Cheetah Entertainment Operations, I want to go through that grind with the writing, recording, promoting, marketing myself so that when I add artists, I will have a better understanding of certain industry situations. I feel I have to walk in the shoes of an artist before I can manage an artist properly. So once I'm finished with the artist side at C.E.O., I will begin to add fresh talent. Ideally, I would like to sign two rappers--male and female--and two R&B singers--male and female by 2009.

6. Any last words for the readers here at Cigna's Sounds & Views(CSV)?
My first mixtape, The Wilderness Mixtape, should be complete by the end of September and will be released December 22 at my Mixtape Release party in Jesup, Georgia at a location TBA. I appreciate the support of CSV and all the readers out there. HOLLA AT ME!

Like the interview? Want to leave a comment? Wanna be down with Mr. Cheetah? Check him out at these links:

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish you all the best of luck man. It sounds like you have your head on straight. You know I'm gone come at you.
Unknown said…
Uh-oh! Some friendly competition between the two of you I hope!
Anonymous said…
MR. CHEETAH, 3403 CEDAR--STREET
Anonymous said…
No disrespect, but are you another dude on the low?
Anonymous said…
U Going Comment Big Boy? u DL or What?
Anonymous said…
Damn, my cover is blown! I am on the **DL** I don't want my girlfriend to know about my secret life. This is between me and you, O.K. so please don't tell ANYBODY. I can't have her find out, she'd kill me and my homeboys will clown me.

P.S. Cop my mixtape December 22
Anonymous said…
LoL nice cover up, i have gaydar, u aint pokin pusssy, u pokin Butt! all good tho, i'd let u hit :-P
Anonymous said…
Wait a minute? Is this a gay site? What did you think of the interview? I appreciate all your support Meter Reader
Unknown said…
Well this interview has served its purpose. It has a certain someone curious about Mr Cheetah which is what we both want but he won't tolerate any foolishness. If you are going to continue to leave comments make sure they deal with the interview and not things unrelated to the interview. If you want to get to know Mr Cheetah hit him up on his various MySpace pages.

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards