Artist Spotlight - Angie Stone

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She has been called the "high priestess of soul" I think. I know my mother is an Angie Stone fan. I remember when my mother bought her first solo album, "Black Diamond" in 1999, I hated it. The more she played it, I found myself liking some of the songs and even knowing the words to some. Stone has worked with everyone from Eve to Anthony Hamilton. She has a son with singer D'Angelo. She even has a reputation for being a cradle robber in the industry! I compiled some of Angie's biggest solo hits and some of my favorites. If your just now discovering Angie these songs would be a great start to her collection. She has released 3 solo cds, the aforementioned, "Black Diamond" went platinum and in 2001 "Mahogany Soul" went gold. 2003 saw the release of "Stone Love". Enjoy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nina Simone was known as "The High Priestess Of Soul" not Angie. Love Angie though!!
Unknown said…
Oh ok..well you notice I said..I think right! Thanks for the heads up!
Anonymous said…
I love Angie too Lamar!

BTW "Wish I Didn't Miss You" was produced by Ivan Matias, not Swizz Beatz and the male singer on "More Than a Woman" is Calvin Richardson, not Joe. ;)
Unknown said…
Thanks for the correction but there are two versions of "More Than A Woman". There is one with Calvin Richardson and one with Joe. I believe the version I put up is with Joe.
Anonymous said…
Wow very exciting, am downloading now! But "Wish I Didn't Miss You" definitely isn't a Swizz Beatz production, way too complex for an airhead producer like him...

Thanks as usual! ;)
Unknown said…
I swore I read an article where Swizz said something about producing that track or having a hand in it. I wouldn't intentionally put up false info regarding something like that you know but thanks again for the correction and thank you for visiting and commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards