Old School Downloads

I decided to upload some old school downloads for your listening and downloading pleasure. A lot of these songs are personal favorites of mine. A lot of these songs are songs I grew up on. My mother would play them around the house. Initially I couldn't stand to hear them. I didn't like them. As I got older I found myself knowing just about every word. Years later I would search for them online. Here are just a few old school songs worth checking out for those interested:

Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Diana's first solo hit after her depature from The Supremes. Diana would have many hits for the next three decades. She set the standard for female singers of the day. She was glamorous, elegant, and youthful. Mariah Carey, Beyonce, and Whitney Houston follows in her footsteps.

Valerie Simpson - Silly Wasn't I
Valerie is one half of the singing/songwriting duo, Ashford & Simpson. Together they have wrote nearly a dozen hits for the likes of the aforementioned Ross, Ray Charles, and Chaka Khan among others. They were at one point the go to producers for many Motown artists. [Editor's Note: A sample of this song can be heard on 50 Cent & Olivia's Best Friend track]

Michael Jackson feat. Paul McCartney - The Girl Is Mine
Before Brandy & Monica sang about "The Boy Is Mine", Mike and Paul sung about a girl who both believed rightfully belonged to each of them. This is a very memorable song from Michael Jackson's Thriller album.

Patti Labelle - If Only You Knew
This is perhaps one of R&B's most memorable ballads of the 80s. Unlike many of Patti's songs this is more subtle and Patti goes easy on the vocals. It's not 'til the end that she lets out that uncontrollable wail that only she can do. [Editor's Note: Singer KeKe Wyatt covered If Only You Knew on her debut Soul Sista]

Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
Produced by Barry Manilow(y'all know who that is right?) Anyway this was released in 1979. It was a very big hit on Adult Contemporary stations. Dionne also won a Grammy for this song if I'm not mistaken. This is one of those very big and emotional ballads that Whitney would later become famous for.

Well I hope one of these songs would be of interest to you. I have tons more but contemplated the thought of posting too many. I will resume my more current downloads following this (with the exception these songs become popular among downloaders).

Signing out







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards