Album Spotlight: Amil - All Money Is Legal




Amil was a fresh face to female rap scene when she was apart of Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella crew. She released her debut album, "All Money Is Legal" in 2000. The album featured the first single, "I Got That" featuring Beyonce. However did this Beyonce collaboration come about? Well for starters Amil and Beyonce were label mates; Amil was also signed to Columbia Records.

The title track is one of my favorite songs as is the Carl Thomas featured, "Quarrels". Amil may appear to be somewhat of a novelty to some based on her cartoonish voice but a lot of her lyrical content is excellent. I used to own this album and I think one of my friends messed it up.

----------------
Now playing: Mariah Carey - Whenever You Call
via FoxyTunes

Comments

what happened to her? did she ever tell her story?
Unknown said…
Oh I'm not sure to be honest. The last I heard her was on a song with another rapper named Lucy Diamonds and that song was called, "The Glamorous Life".

I also heard something about her working at K Mart but they may of been a joke.

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards